Human Resources Generalist
FLFE Innovations Corp. (FLFE) is a fast-growing consciousness technology company based in Nelson, British Columbia. FLFE offers subscription-based service that activates a high consciousness field around an object or a property. It increases the quality of life because of EMF (Electro-Magnetic Fields) mitigation, support for personal growth, optimal health, better sleep, reduced anxiety & increased energy. FLFE does accomplishes this through a high conscious environment which supports enhanced energy leading to optimal health & increased mental freedom.
FLFE’s mission is to create the optimal conditions for the evolution of consciousness in an economized society. One of the ways we express that at FLFE is by exploring business as a spiritual path.
We are hiring a Human Resources Generalist to manage the day-to-day operations of the company’s human resources. This is an exciting opportunity for qualified people and recognizes the potential for a long-term career within the company. The right candidate has a great work ethic, could feel fulfilled by aligning their mission and FLFE’s mission and would be willing to contribute to FLFE’s success. The ideal candidate would have compassion for the human condition and find joy in serving its evolution. They find joy in working with like-minded people and get a sense of satisfaction from the interactions that occur in the FLFE office environment.
The HR generalist appreciates and understands how their work connects to the bigger picture, helping to sustain and nurture a strong corporate culture that drives strong business results. The HR generalist facilitates HR activities and provides advisement on matters including employment laws and regulations, best practices and will collaborate with employees and the leadership to continue to make FLFE a Great Place to Work.
The HR generalist initiates, leads and manages the day-to-day operations of the human resources, as well as the administration of policies and procedures. The HR generalist handles employee relations, training and development, organizational development, and employment.
This is a full-time position that reports to the General Manager. The working hours are 8:30 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday.
Duties & Responsibilities:
As an HR generalist
- Develop, maintain, and administer Employee policies & procedures Handbook and guidelines, ensuring Provincial and Federal compliance standards are met, as well as staying up-to-date and complying with changes in labor legislation
- Work with FLFE’s managers to implement and coordinate corporate HR best practices, strive for a great candidate and employee experience (celebration & recognition, onboarding, offboarding, culture, etc.)
- Maintain up to date employee paper and electronic files, Administer the Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
- Oversee the recruitment process, including updating job descriptions, managing job posting, vetting resume and interviewing candidates, processing reference checks and background checks, working with managers to define selection criteria and assessments, ensuring offers are prepared in alignment with FLFE’s overall strategy and philosophy while orchestrating a consistent onboarding process
- Develop and manage a comprehensive onboarding program that educates and creates a warm welcome for all new hires
- Manage and coordinate ongoing internal and external training courses; liaise with training providers, check and confirm schedules/availability, draft announcements, track attendance, and acquire feedback on programs from staff
- Keep a pulse on compensation market trends to advise on Rewards Strategy/Philosophy and assist with compensation and benefits management
- Own all things Occupational Health & Safety to ensure all our offices are compliant with WorkSafe guidelines
- Support with special projects to support the needs of the business
As a team member
- Maintain a professional and positive presence when connecting with the team, self-regulate, be self-motivated, and does self-care as necessary within reason (effectively managing the workload
- Leverage continuous education and personal growth opportunities, improve business skills as well as increase your knowledge and understanding of the FLFE services and programs
- Have fun & stay engaged! The better you feel doing your job, the more supported the customers & the coworkers would feel; remember that happy staff = happy customers!
Rediscover for yourself the joy of maintaining a loving, positive state. The reason this state is so important is that it assists us in being resourceful for our customers, coworkers, and ourselves. This is an important aspect of what we consider ‘Business as a spiritual path’ that is maintaining the positive state which supports us in being resilient and resourceful as we deal with our day-to-day activities. This is a part of how we consciously create the world that we intend at FLFE.
Bachelor’s degree; postgraduate education in Human Resources Management preferred
Eligible to work in Canada; shall be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident or have a work permit.
- Fluency in English; knowledge of other languages, especially French or Spanish, would be an asset
- Excellent written & oral communication, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to exercise discretion while exhibiting a high level of confidentiality
- Knowledge of human resources best practices
- Ability to connect with people, understand their needs, instill confidence, and build an environment that fosters growth and inclusion
- Knowledge of learning needs analysis, training design and assessment
- Hands-on experience with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), like BambooHR, HRdownloads or PeopleSoft
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of a team and independently with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated experience in a similar position
- Working knowledge of Human Resources Management
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of Employment Standards, and other employment laws and regulations
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to understand and accurately convey complex scientific, metaphysical, or esoteric concepts
- Open-minded, Non-judgemental, and Friendly attitude with the ability to collaborate with the team
- Comfortable discussing topics such as consciousness, spirituality, meditation, and personal development
- Critical and holistic thinking to align work with company values and goals
This is what we offer:
Join a rapidly growing, stable organization that offers a range of career development opportunities with a comprehensive salary and benefits. The perks include:
- Benefits package that includes Medical & Dental plans (after completion of the probationary period)
- Flexible Work Hours
- Paid Holidays & Competitive Compensation
- Complimentary FLFE subscription for Home & Phone
- Friendly work environment, Office Pantry with organic Tea & Coffee
- Training on a variety of job skills
- Opportunity to bring all of yourself to work, to be able to bring your spiritual approach to life to your job and explore that with your fellow coworkers and customers. This is an opportunity to work for a company that is consciously and measurably increasing the consciousness of the planet.
Nelson, British Columbia; Nelson sits on the West Arm of Kootenay Lake, nestled in the rugged Selkirk Mountains of southeastern British Columbia, in the beautiful West Kootenay region, halfway between Vancouver and Calgary. Click here for more information about Nelson.
Relocation support will be considered for the right candidate.
Business as a Spiritual Practice
We conduct business as a nondenominational spiritual practice to the best of our ability. Please share your experience of the spiritual path you are on and how you think it may fit with ours after reviewing our website (www.flfe.net) and perhaps listening to some of the webinars.
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right fit for this role, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and mention your name and ‘Application for the position of HR generalist’ in the subject line.